Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Favourite Movie - It's simple, Love.

It's amazing how I've watched it over and over, and I still find meaning. 

New discoveries, same reminders. 

And it isn't all about movies, but if God chooses to speak to me through them, why not? :) Out of the few I like, this one's the favourite of the lot. 

It was in 2004 that I first watched it at my classmate's place. And the many other times have naturally followed subsequently. Romance, pain and tragedy aside, A Walk To Remember has taught me well. 

It taught me to say, "I want to have loved like that in my lifetime." 

And at the end of the day, if you've not loved God, people and yourself in your lifetime, you've not lived at all. That's when I realise that I want to be able to stand at the finish line of my life and say, "I've loved like that, in my lifetime." 

Love is probably one of the strongest, greatest and most valued thing God ever created. To have experienced it, is already the best thing. There's no greater love, than God Himself, isn't it? 

Everyone knows what 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says. But here's what the verses before say: 

Vs 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." 

Having faith, does not equate to possessing love. And doing what's right, regardless of whether for personal or mutual benefit, does not equate to loving either. 

I may not know much about love, but I've experienced it. I desire to know it. I want to claim it, because Jesus didn't die for nothing. And I won't live my life as if He did. 

I never deserved this love, but I received the ability to love. And now, it's my decision to use what God Himself displayed for me. 

I may not get it right. I didn't the first time round. But now's the time to give my heart to the real deal - The one who gave me this gift of life and love, in the very first place. 

Ultimately, love is pure. Therefore, there is purity in love. I choose, to stand in love, for love, with love. 

It's not about searching for love, it's realising that it has been there for all this time. 

Will you join me? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home